Definición de laureate en inglés:
1A person who is honoured with an award for outstanding creative or intellectual achievement: a Nobel laureate
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Even though Ireland can boast of two other poets who have been internationally honoured as Nobel laureates, the Monaghan man continues to occupy a special niche in our affections.
- The 15,000 pound prize awarded to the laureate is not to be sneezed at but the chance of working with the London Symphony Orchestra for a year is to dream of.
- To a considerable extent, a tight circle of New York intellectuals, Ivy League stars, Nobel laureates and Oxbridge luminaries replaced him and his cohort.
1.1 short for Poet Laureate.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- I fear that the million of whatever currency it is dazzles the British literary world to such an extent that the rest of the laureate's author-compatriots often remain quasi-invisible.
- A talk among three former U.S. poet laureates, and the current laureate was especially telling.
- She was appointed poet laureate of Illinois in 1968 and has been perhaps more active than many laureates.
adjetivoliterary Volver al principio
Late Middle English (as an adjective): from Latin laureatus, from laurea 'laurel wreath', from laurus 'laurel'.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The ultimate acolyte in her youth, now she would be a patient mentor to young writers, with a Pulitzer Prize, two ex-husbands, and a poet laureateship behind her.
- Despite the pre-eminence of the English language, very few British writers have won the Nobel laureateship - a notable exception being John Galsworthy in 1932.
- Interestingly, Larkin's friend and biographer Andrew Motion went on to become the first academic holder of the poet laureateship.
Pronunciación: /ˈlɒrɪətʃɪp/ /ˈlɔːrɪətʃɪp/sustantivo
Palabras que riman con laureatebaccalaureate, professoriate
Definición de laureate en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán