Definición de lawless en inglés:
Not governed by or obedient to laws; characterized by a lack of civic order: it was a lawless, anarchic city
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Other sources mention Vlad's determination to bring order in lawless times.
- Whereas in the Taliban regime it seemed pretty lawless, from the descriptions.
- What tests or considerations are to guide the jury in determining when he may reasonably become lawless?
anarchic, anarchical, disorderly, ungovernable, unruly, without law and order, disruptive, insurrectionary, insurgent, revolutionary, rebellious, insubordinate, riotous, mutinous, mutinying, seditious, revolting, terrorist
illegal, unlawful, lawbreaking, illicit, illegitimate, criminal, felonious, indictable, delinquent, culpable, villainous, transgressing, violating
informal crooked, shady, bent
- Example sentences
- Suddenly allowing religions to act lawlessly does not seem like such a good idea.
- In a way, it is a sort of Western, the story of Americans advancing into an empty desert, living lawlessly, excessively, violently, and being punished for their transgressions.
- Congress should expand its investigation of the Justice Department, monitoring how it is defining torture in various cases, and checking to make sure that it is not doing so lawlessly.
- Example sentences
- So you weren't at all surprised when the outbreak of lawlessness and violence that overtook the city broke out?
- Actions are being taken to stem such lawlessness and the police are undoubtedly willing to provide protection.
- They become trapped in a vicious circle in which poverty begets lawlessness and lawlessness begets more poverty.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan