Definición de lay-by en inglés:
sustantivo (plural lay-bys)
1British An area at the side of a road where vehicles may pull off the road and stop.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The cameras can be at the side of the road, in lay-bys and on motorway bridges.
- Some are understood to have gone from lay-bys alongside major trunk roads such as the A64, while five others are set to be removed in the near future from streets in York.
- One problem was that some councils had removed litter bins from trunk road lay-bys to encourage motorists to take their rubbish home with them and to save collection costs.
2 [mass noun] Australian /NZ & South African A system of paying a deposit to secure an article for later purchase: you could secure it by lay-by [count noun]: they take credit cards and lay-bys
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The manufacturing sector are in despair that the bulk of the R&D money is on lay-by and won't be paid until the third and fourth year out.
- You don't have to be a Medici to commission a creative work, in fact if it's not being disrespectful, we almost did it on lay-by.
- This bill is a Christmas present for New Zealand workers, even if the full benefit of the gift is subject to a rather lengthy lay-by arrangement.
Palabras que riman con lay-byrabbi • standby • nimbi • alibi
Definición de lay-by en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda