- A second which is occasionally inserted into the atomic scale of reckoning time in order to bring it into line with solar time. It is indicated by an additional bleep in the time signal at the end of some years.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This would effectively eliminate the leap second that presently is put into effect every year or two.
- Instead of allowing this to happen, a leap second is inserted to bring the two times closer together.
- Linux kernels and most other Unix-like systems care about the leap seconds and handle them correctly.
Más definiciones de leap secondDefinición de leap second en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.