- The production of leather from animal hides was a time consuming and dreadfully smelly process.
- Today, machines trim and cut the thickness and polish the leather.
- She wore what was then the fashion for women, a leather one piece outfit with detachable sleeves and pant legs.
- Structured leathers and neoprene coats contrast with stretch mohair and fine cobweb knits to present a soft-military look.
- She has taken a tumble before, but the compulsory crash helmet, leathers and gloves prevented injuries.
- Maybe we need to find out a way to get Thrasher shirts over our leathers and then we will have a chance.
- With a round to go of the 4190-metre journey, the leathers holding her right stirrup iron came loose and dangled under the horse's belly for almost 2000m.
- Strap leathers are common and inspired from English saddles.
- She was reluctant to leave but headed off into the darkness, reins fastened to the saddle and stirrups run up the leathers.
verbo[with object] informal, chiefly British
- One young lad from Northampton takes me out as I'm about to play the ball and I absolutely leather him before an almighty fight breaks out and I'm sent to the sin-bin.
- I had one fight last year where the judges scored it against me 1-0 after we'd been leathering each other for five rounds.
- Prior to the legalisation of lifting, the lineout was a jungle, and a prime opportunity for forwards to leather each other without the referee ever being able to see.
- He leathers his second long-range effort of the night wide.
- Kolinko's weak punch lands at the feet of Milan Baros, who leathers it home from 12 yards.
- This time the winger's shot angled across Marshall's dive and rebounded off his left-hand post before being leathered behind.
Old English lether, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch leer and German Leder, from an Indo-European root shared by Irish leathar and Welsh lledr.
Palabras que riman con leatheraltogether, feather, heather, nether, tether, together, weather, wether, whether
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: lea¦ther
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.