(also leatherback turtle)
A very large black turtle with a thick leathery shell, living chiefly in tropical seas.
- Dermochelys coriacea, the only member of the family Dermochelyidae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In 1988, a leatherback was found measuring nine feet in length and weighing nearly 2,000 pounds.
- Scientists estimate in about ten years all leatherback turtles in the Pacific Ocean may be gone.
- The most distinguishing morphological characteristics of leatherbacks are their large size and dark color.
Definición de leatherback en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.