sustantivoUS • informal
- A marine: two planes undershot their target and eight leathernecks were woundedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Iwo Jima was the bloodiest battle in Marine Corps history, and three leathernecks of the 4th and 5th Divisions used sidearms on the sulphurous island during February and March 1945.
- An unparalleled warrior and an enlisted leatherneck at heart, he remains the most famous and most revered Marine.
- However, while there is no denying that he has high regard for leathernecks, he does provide ample examples of Navy and Army actions.
late 19th century: with allusion to the leather lining inside the collar of a marine's uniform.
Más definiciones de leatherneckDefinición de leatherneck en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.