- Any of a class of proteins, chiefly of plant origin, which bind specifically to certain sugars and so cause agglutination of particular cell types.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Pokeweed mitogen is one of the few lectins that stimulates B lymphocytes as well as T lymphocytes.
- As I understand there is an argument about the possible role of lectins in the diet on metabolism, etc.
- One of the most fascinating aspects of this topic is the interrelationship between lectins and viruses.
1950s: from Latin lect- 'chosen' (from the verb legere) + -in1.
Más definiciones de lectinDefinición de lectin en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.