- 1A reader, especially someone who reads lessons in a church service.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If the lector reads the Responsorial Psalm and Gospel Acclamation, prepare those in a similar manner.
- Further, if a suitable lector is not present, then the priest celebrant also delivers the other readings.
- The lectors minister the presence of God who speaks when the scriptures are proclaimed in church.
- 2A lecturer, especially one employed in a foreign university to teach in their native language.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We drank and partied with my parents, the other new lecturers, the German lector, Klaus, the French lecteur, Patrice, Russell a student and poet with long, thin hair, Vicky, a German student, and Andy who ran the hall of residence.
- My career proceeded quite smoothly, as I climbed the academic ladder from lector to professor, but in terms of intellectual stimulus or inspiration, I was very disenchanted at the time.
- I cannot understand why they did not employ at least a German and a French lector to check this book.
late Middle English: from Latin, from lect- 'read, chosen', from the verb legere.
Más definiciones de lectorDefinición de lector en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.