- A standing wave generated on the sheltered side of a mountain by an air current passing over or around it, and often made visible by the formation of clouds.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is a localised lee wave so the air going across forms a little rounded peak.
- Significant lee waves are observed over the central East coast of Greenland in mountains west of Scoresby Sund, the location of a 110-km deep fjord.
- The image shows lee waves and streak clouds just north of Utopia Planitia during late summer at 6: 51 local time.
Más definiciones de lee waveDefinición de lee wave en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.