1The hand of a person’s left side.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Over 20 children played games, painted and ate their lunch only using their left hands.
- Nobody knows what causes about one in 10 people to have dominant left hands.
- People who agree with the statement raise their right hands, while people who disagree raise their left hands.
1.1The region or direction on the left side of a person or thing: there was a vast forest on the left hand
1On or towards the left side of a person or thing: his left-hand pocket
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As Well belatedly settled, the young defender lined up a free kick 25 metres out and curled it towards the top left-hand corner.
- Mark McGeown, the Airdrie goalkeeper, could only watch as the ball arced towards the top left-hand corner and in off the post.
- Korea win a free-kick on the left-hand side of Germany's box and win a corner.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: left hand
Definición de left hand en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda