A trick or practical joke: it was nothing more than an elaborate leg-pull
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And did she try any other little leg-pulls on the Home Secretary?
- Whether Davidson's Patent Bed Maker was a serious proposal, or simply another of his celebrated leg-pulls, we never discovered.
- It's only a leg-pull, but according to Susan Quilliam, a relationships expert, poor communication is the biggest cause of problems and break-ups after affairs and domestic violence.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- There may be fiddle playing, singing, guitar playing, Irish dancing, poetry reading, lie-telling and leg-pulling.
- The proud dad said his son dealt with the leg-pulling from friends and teasing ‘in a really remarkable way’ with a maturity beyond his years.
- We tried to dissuade him, but I guessed by the gleam of mischief in his eye that that he was doing a bit of leg-pulling.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: leg-pull
Definición de leg-pull en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda