Definición de legitimism en inglés:
Support for a sovereign or pretender whose claim to a throne is based on direct descent: Jacobite propaganda repeated the principles of Stuart legitimism
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The milieu of moderate liberalism certainly shaped Tocqueville's views on the inevitability of the democratic revolution, and hence his decisive break with legitimism and his family.
- In the face of the Jane Grey débâcle, the Norfolk gentry were persuaded of her Tudor legitimism; they learned the extent of her Catholicism only after she was safely enthroned at Westminster.
legitimist sustantivo& adjetivo
- Example sentences
- His mother, always prone to periods of melancholy and depression, mourned the Old Regime and believed that the legitimists could reconquer France and restore both the royal line and true religion.
- In the Academy of Rennes, legitimists attended certain Catholic schools.
Definición de legitimism en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan