Definición de lemon en inglés:
- Fried fish was accompanied by the juice of bitter oranges or lemons or by greensauce.
- Put cherries and orange slices into a kettle and add the lemon juice and sugar.
- Crush the avocado with the lemon juice, salt and pepper, and spread thickly on the bread.
- No one made me hot lemon drinks or brought me books to read, or showed the slightest sign of sympathy.
- I was told to go home and drink hot lemon because all I had was the common cold.
- Although lemon tea is a healthy drink, if your father doesn't like it, of course he will be angry.
- Citrus limon, family Rutaceae
- One is across the pool, next to the lemon tree that looks out over the canyon.
- I keep raving about our magical lemon tree but I keep forgetting to bring any of its produce to her.
- There is a lemon tree just outside our kitchen window that delivers an abundance of big juicy fruit twice a year.
- Behind glazed double doors, the family room is decorated in pale lemon and floored in solid oak.
- A houndstooth wool anchored the season, with touches of dusty rose and pale lemon.
- It's an Australian plant naturalised in Spain having flowers of lemon yellow to deep gold.
The root of lemon and also lime (mid 17th century) is an Arabic word, lim, that was a collective term for citrus fruit. On fruit machines the lemon is the least valuable symbol, and this may be behind the answer is a lemon ‘the response or outcome is unsatisfactory’. Especially in the USA, a lemon may be a substandard or defective car, of the type all too often bought from shady used-car dealers.
- Example sentences
- Its sour, lemony flavour meant it was a traditional substitute when lemons were out of season.
- Andrew said his cheesecake was not too tangy but nice and lemony, and the ice-cream was a delicious accompaniment.
- We ate the smoky, lemony vegetables slightly warm, while the basil still had all its peppery, clove-like scent.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.