Of or resembling a lion or lions: a handsome, leonine profile
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Robert Graves, leonine, ascended grandly and delivered hilarious impromptu remarks before declaiming a poem.
- Both the horse and the hawk are unruly, the latter swirling its head around instead of waiting in obedient stillness, and the dogs have curiously rounded leonine heads.
- Does that mean he's supposed to be more edgy than his smiling, soft leonine friend?
Palabras que riman con leoninecanine • asinine • saturnine
1Relating to any of the popes named Leo, in particular denoting the part of Rome fortified by Leo IV (d.855).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Leonine revival of Thomism stressed the primacy of divine over natural law and gave the clerical reconquest of Christian civilization a philosophical rationale.
- The Leonine revival featured not only the harnessing of Thomas' thought to confront modernism, but as a necessary preparation, the modern editing of his sizeable corpus.
sustantivo(Leonines) Prosody Volver al principio
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda