Of or resembling a lion or lions: a handsome, leonine profile
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Robert Graves, leonine, ascended grandly and delivered hilarious impromptu remarks before declaiming a poem.
- Both the horse and the hawk are unruly, the latter swirling its head around instead of waiting in obedient stillness, and the dogs have curiously rounded leonine heads.
- Does that mean he's supposed to be more edgy than his smiling, soft leonine friend?
1Relating to any of the popes named Leo, in particular denoting the part of Rome fortified by Leo IV (d.855).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Leonine revival of Thomism stressed the primacy of divine over natural law and gave the clerical reconquest of Christian civilization a philosophical rationale.
- The Leonine revival featured not only the harnessing of Thomas' thought to confront modernism, but as a necessary preparation, the modern editing of his sizeable corpus.
sustantivo(Leonines) Prosody Volver al principio
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda