Definición de leopard en inglés:
- Panthera pardus, family Felidae. See also black panther
- The list of the critically endangered include the black rhino and Siberian tiger and the Amur leopard of Asia.
- But a new survey suggests that the country may now be home to wild leopards, pumas, and other big cats.
- I have been filming for 14 years now, working with hyenas, leopards, and jackals.
- After spending some time at Hertford, Johnny began to think there was not a more beautiful sight in the world than the quartered shield containing two panels of the red and gold leopards of England and two of the blue and gold lilies of France.
- Would those conservatively-dressed women have dared to step out in leopard print shoes had their mentor not worn them?
- Luckily, I can sit behind the drum kit in regular shorts or short pants, but the guys in front dress up in spandex and leather and leopard print.
- They were pretty surprised, partly because they were leopard print but mostly because I'd been wearing them for three days.
Two Greek words combine in the root of leopard: leōn, the source of lion, and pardos, the source of pard, an old word for a leopard ( see further at panther). The saying the leopard does not change his spots is inspired by the Book of Jeremiah in the Bible: ‘Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots?’ See also camel, giraffe
a leopard can't change his spots
- proverb People can’t change their basic nature: they saw him as an opportunist who was capable of changing his spots at any momentMás ejemplos en oraciones
- There are, of course, going to be a number of people who are going to say that if we was really serious, he would has said all this months ago, a leopard can't change his spots, etc.
Words that rhyme with leopardshepherd
Definición de leopard en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.