A large grey Antarctic seal which has leopard-like spots and preys on penguins and other seals.
- Hydrurga leptonyx, family Phocidae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- To catch penguins, a leopard seal will lurk near the water's edge just under the surface to watch shadows on the ice above.
- Experts think the leopard seal mistook marine biologist Kirsty Brown for another seal and dragged her down beneath the icy waters.
- Although they are formidable hunters, leopard seals are solitary creatures and it is virtually unknown for them to attack humans.
Más definiciones de leopard sealDefinición de leopard seal en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.