sustantivo[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A protein produced by fatty tissue which is believed to regulate fat storage in the body.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Obese people are also believed to have a faulty receptor in their brains, which is meant to measure levels of leptin, a protein produced by fatty tissue.
- Our bodies are thought to have a built-in system to measure levels of a key protein, leptin, which is produced in fatty tissue.
- Apart from its role in regulation of fat metabolism, leptin may also regulate insulin release as part of an adipoinsular feedback.
1990s: from Greek leptos 'fine, thin' + -in1.
Más definiciones de leptinDefinición de leptin en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.