Definición de leucon en inglés:
A sponge of a grade of structure of the most complex type, composed of a mass of flagellated chambers and water canals. Compare with ascon and sycon.
- Leucon are split into three groups when compared with pairwise p-distances.
- Leucon are extremely localised outside the study region whereas Oenanthe flu has declined throughout lowland England due to water pollution.
- Ascon, sycon, and leucon are levels of complexity that grade one into the other.
- Example sentences
- It is the only class with asconoid and syconoid construction, and has sponges with leuconoid construction as well.
- Organization does not necessarily relate to phylogeny; for example, the leuconoid structure was evolved independently several times.
Definición de leucon en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan