sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
A reduction in the number of white cells in the blood, typical of various diseases.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Instruct patients about potential symptoms of leukopenia and liver disease.
- The hallmark laboratory features of the disease include leukopenia, thrombocytopenia and elevated liver transaminases.
- With Lazarus, he published a book that dealt with normal blood and the appearance of blood cells in various pathologic states, including leukocytosis, leukopenia, leukemia, and anemia.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Similarly, the WBC of leukopenic specimens tended to increase from day 5 onward, whereas the opposite was true, although minimally so, from day 4 onward for specimens with high initial counts.
- In contrast, the changes in the WBC of leukopenic specimens, as observed from day 5 onward in particular, are less than desirable.
Late 19th century: from Greek leukos 'white' + penia 'poverty'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: leuco|penia
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda