- Rise or cause to rise and hover in the air, typically by means of supposed magical powers: [no object]: I swear to God he levitated over the bar [with object]: I focused on levitating the rucksackMás ejemplos en oraciones
- What else is summer good for but using all of one's magical powers to levitate out of the city for as long as the sober judges of one's conscience will allow?
- Maybe I'll be able to levitate after my mental powers have fully developed.
- Coral heads, reef sharks and parrot fish shimmer beneath a plane of water so translucent, that a dinghy moored there not so much floats as levitates.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Despite his deep-seated belief that this is an ascent that will not require powers of levitation, his battling instincts are mocked by the facts.
- I suppose flying monks would actually have a lot more in common with the levitations of certain more Eastern religions.
- We also fooled around with seances and levitation.
late 17th century: from Latin levis 'light', on the pattern of gravitate.