- In spite of all experience they hoped that Prussia was more open to liberal ideas than Austria.
- Western countries pride themselves on their supposedly liberal acceptance of different cultures.
- Why do liberal ideas often connect to unhappiness?
- Crime rates here are comparable to, and in many cases lower than, those in countries with liberal gun laws.
- Freedom and a liberal society was redeemed for some but not all.
- Look at Ireland and Scotland and their liberal liquor laws - drunks rage all night.
- Social reformism within a liberal democratic framework is apparently just one more snare in the mechanism of domination.
- It comes from a deep-seated conviction that there is only one economic system, the globalised free market, set in the political context of liberal democracy.
- The Democrats have abandoned any policy of liberal social reform and adapted themselves, in deeds if not in words, to the class-war policies of the Republicans.
- No, both the Labor and Liberal Parties have always used their patronage system to sometimes stack the board with party political hacks.
- You have to go back to before the First World War when the then Liberal party held the reins of power in the city.
- If you're in a safe Labor or safe Liberal seat, you'll get nothing.
- Others who had found that church too theologically liberal for their tastes espoused a more traditional theology.
- In this regard then, post-Christian liberal religion is at odds with peace and justice movements that struggle to remain Christian.
- These similarities notwithstanding, liberal Catholicism and Modern Orthodoxy seem to be currently facing two different fates.
- In Korea, general education, rather than liberal education, is the preferred term.
- Community colleges offering two-year programs in liberal education and occupational training meet both of these criteria.
- Learning communities can bring general education, liberal education, and, sometimes, the major together.
- Dr Javaid Iqbal, in the end, approves of the Sufis' liberal interpretation of Islam, which helped poetry, music and dance to find a place in Muslim culture.
- Many activists of the sharia movement in economic discourse and activities are also against a liberal interpretation of Islam.
- It seemed a liberal interpretation of the term ‘cosmopolitan’ - but then that's rural living for you.
- Garden ponds won't count, though, so if you have a swimming pool, fill it with water lilies and goldfish, take down the diving board and apply liberal amounts of weed and reeds until he has gone.
- Then you want a nice mayo, white vinegar, relish base, with liberal amounts of pepper, some salt and paprika.
- There was also a liberal amount of calamari, but mostly just legs that weren't that appealing to chase around with a fork.
- Their son was particularly concerned that we bless the space under his bed, so I was liberal with the holy water for his sake.
- He was even liberal in dishing out helpings for Natalia.
- He was very liberal when it came to buying drinks, and in return I was a friend to him.
- Many economic liberals have an optimistic view of economic globalization.
- Leftists and liberals find this turn of events an indication of bad days to come.
- How could he be defended in the pages of our press by supposed liberals and left-wingers?
- To essentially claim that he is no better than the Liberals or Tories is plain sectarianism.
- The Tories and Liberals were easily beaten into third and fourth places.
- The Liberals said they were opposed to the war but supported it once it began.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Finance and Expenditure Committee did not suggest any changes to the bill that significantly affected the balance between the restrictiveness and the liberalness of the regime.
Middle English: via Old French from Latin liberalis, from liber 'free (man)'. The original sense was 'suitable for a free man', hence 'suitable for a gentleman' (one not tied to a trade), surviving in liberal arts. Another early sense 'generous' (compare with sense 4 of the adjective) gave rise to an obsolete meaning 'free from restraint', leading to sense 1 of the adjective (late 18th century).
Palabras que riman con liberalilliberal
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: lib|eral
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.