Definición de licentious en inglés:
1Promiscuous and unprincipled in sexual matters: the ruler’s tyrannical and licentious behaviour the licentious avenues of New York City
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- World famous, he is also a great womanizer, acknowledged as such by his colleagues, wife, and friends who themselves enjoy an entertainingly licentious social and sexual life.
- The poet Philip Larkin noted that sexual intercourse began in 1963, but a long suppressed study has shown that Britain indulged in licentious behaviour long before the dawn of the permissive society, writes Tom Baird.
- I myself visited a striptease establishment in the early 1970s and found the experience detumescent and soporific rather than conducive to licentious behaviour.
dissolute, dissipated, debauched, degenerate, salacious, immoral, wanton, decadent, depraved, profligate, impure, sinful, wicked, corrupt, indecent, libertine;
lustful, lecherous, lascivious, libidinous, prurient, lubricious, lewd, promiscuous, unchaste, carnal, fleshly, intemperate, abandoned;
British informal randy
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In it the hero Oliver laments: ‘Wouldn't it have been really better to live like Mario, not socially labelled, not insured or predestined, but irresponsibly, even licentiously, within the limits of kindness and honour?’
- Perhaps no creature makes a better role model than these spotted animals, licentiously advertising their lust and hunger in wild howls and mad scratchings.
- Several runners advanced across the field towards the keep, and he grinned licentiously.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In Galatians 5: 19-21 the list is headed by sexual immorality, impurity, licentiousness, and idolatry.
- Tiberius distinguished his reign by great indolence, excessive cruelty, unprincipled avarice, and abandoned licentiousness.
- Default, unearned respect for culture breeds a decadent cultural licentiousness in which any amount of pretentious nonsense is encouraged and propagated.
Late Middle English: from Latin licentiosus, from licentia 'freedom'.
Palabras que riman con licentiousconscientious, contentious, pretentious, sententious, tendentious
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda