Definición de ligament en inglés:
1A short band of tough, flexible fibrous connective tissue which connects two bones or cartilages or holds together a joint.
- There were whispers that he had torn the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.
- He has had one surgery, to repair a torn ankle ligament during his first pro year.
- Then, if necessary, the lateral ankle ligaments were repaired.
1.1A membranous fold that supports an organ and keeps it in position.
- In the second trimester, the muscles and ligaments that support your uterus stretch.
- Halfway down the larynx the paired vocal folds (commonly known as the vocal cords), formed by ligaments covered with mucous membrane, project inwards from its wall.
- Generally, it is found in the ovaries, fallopian tubes, and ligaments supporting the uterus, although it can occur in a number of different locations.
late Middle English: from Latin ligamentum 'bond', from ligare 'to bind'.
- Example sentences
- Therefore, in larger shells, only the latest built ligamental chevrons and the ventral ends of the older ones remain functional.
- The articular surface of the head lacks the ligamental fossa.
- In the duplivincular ligament system, the lamellar ligament is stretched between the ligamental areas on the two valves, exerting a force to open the valves, while the fibrous ligament acts passively along the hinge axis.
- Example sentences
- Radiographically documented cervical spine injuries were considered clinically insignificant only if they were isolated and no evidence of other bone injury or ligamentous or spinal cord injury existed.
- When all support is disrupted or detached, the distal clavicle loses all ligamentous connection, allowing it to rise superiorly.
- In other words, the stiffer the brace and its interface with the foot, the greater the proportion of the external rotation moment the brace will resist and the less the peroneal muscles and lateral ligamentous tissues have to resist.
Definición de ligament en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan