- The hybrid offspring of a male lion and a tigress. Compare with tigon.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Even when crossbreeding creates a viable hybrid, the offspring often inherits multiple copies of each parents' chromosomes, or sets of genes (see photos of ligers, hybrids of lions and tigers).
- We know that tigers and lions can produce hybrids called tigons and ligers, so it is likely that they are descended from the same original kind.
- A hybrid from a male lion and a female tiger is called a liger while a hybrid from a male tiger and a female lion is a tigon.
Más definiciones de ligerDefinición de liger en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.