A device that produces a small flame, used to light cigarettes: he lit a cigarette with his gold lighter
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Open flames, cigarettes, matches, lighters, pilot lights, or electric sparks can cause the chemicals in the paint strippers to suddenly catch fire.
- Then gently warm the metal sleeve with a small flame from a cigarette lighter and pull the ring off using a pair of pliers.
- It is believed a flame from a cigarette lighter ignited oxygen at the man's bedside.
Palabras que riman con lighterall-nighter, biter, blighter, fighter, igniter, inciter, indicter, inviter, mitre (US miter), overnighter, reciter, righter, sighter, smiter, writer
A flat-bottomed barge or other unpowered boat used to transfer goods to and from ships in harbour.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In watercraft delivery, cases of MREs are loaded onto lighters, flat-bottomed boats, or barges and transported from port to port.
- Such lighters, usually flat-bottomed barges, were used in lightening or loading and unloading vessels that could not be wharfed, or where harbour facilities were underdeveloped or too small.
- On the Gallipoli peninsula, seaborne landings were made in 1915, despite the fact that no specially designed craft were available, troops transferring from seagoing vessels to lighters to be ferried ashore.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Before the docks were built lightermen ferried goods from ships in midstream to the river quays.
- The story of the Thames is a very rich one and the watermen and lightermen have played a large part in it.
- The lightermen live on as the masters of the waste disposal vessels and dredgers you see on the Thames today.
Pronunciación: /ˈlʌɪtəm(ə)n/sustantivo (plural lightermen)
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda