A device that produces a small flame, especially one used to light cigarettes: he lit a cigarette with his gold lighter
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Open flames, cigarettes, matches, lighters, pilot lights, or electric sparks can cause the chemicals in the paint strippers to suddenly catch fire.
- Then gently warm the metal sleeve with a small flame from a cigarette lighter and pull the ring off using a pair of pliers.
- It is believed a flame from a cigarette lighter ignited oxygen at the man's bedside.
Palabras que riman con lighterall-nighter, biter, blighter, fighter, igniter, inciter, indicter, inviter, mitre (US miter), overnighter, reciter, righter, sighter, smiter, writer
A flat-bottomed barge or other unpowered boat used to transfer goods to and from ships in harbour.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In watercraft delivery, cases of MREs are loaded onto lighters, flat-bottomed boats, or barges and transported from port to port.
- Such lighters, usually flat-bottomed barges, were used in lightening or loading and unloading vessels that could not be wharfed, or where harbour facilities were underdeveloped or too small.
- On the Gallipoli peninsula, seaborne landings were made in 1915, despite the fact that no specially designed craft were available, troops transferring from seagoing vessels to lighters to be ferried ashore.
sustantivo (plural lightermen)
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Before the docks were built lightermen ferried goods from ships in midstream to the river quays.
- The story of the Thames is a very rich one and the watermen and lightermen have played a large part in it.
- The lightermen live on as the masters of the waste disposal vessels and dredgers you see on the Thames today.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda