(also chiefly North American lightning rod)
- 1A metal rod or wire fixed to an exposed part of a building or other tall structure to divert lightning harmlessly into the ground.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The provision of a lightning conductor system will not prevent the occurrence of a lightning strike.
- A typical building lightning conductor has an inductance in the order of 15 microhenries per foot.
- Don't be tempted to run the lightning conductor in the cable duct or alongside any other cabling.
- 1.1A person or thing that attracts criticism, especially in order to divert attention from more serious issues or allow a more important public figure to appear blameless.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He emerged as a lightning rod for criticism after appearing unaware of the extent of the humanitarian disaster that unfolded after the hurricane hit.
- The idea of government stepping into this is one of those issues that is sure to be a lightning rod for criticism.
- To his critics he was a lightning rod, attracting fear and vituperation.
Más definiciones de lightning conductorDefinición de lightning conductor en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.