- A rounded woody growth at or below ground level on some shrubs and trees that grow in areas subject to fire or drought, containing a mass of buds and food reserves.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The latter have developed specialized, enlarged woody growths called lignotubers, which can store nutrients and water in the earth, out of the reach of fire.
- Once the apex of a lignotuber penetrates below ground, it forms rhizomatous tissue that can generate both aerial shoots and adventitious roots.
- Their seedlings become highly ramified, passing through a creeping establishment phase consisting of a decumbent lignotuber with several basal sprouts.
Más definiciones de lignotuberDefinición de lignotuber en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.