- A narrow strap-shaped part of a plant, especially a membranous scale on the inner side of the leaf sheath at its junction with the blade in most grasses and sedges.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Indeed, it has been noted that tyloses appeared to hinder, but not entirely block, the movement of radiolabelled amino acids in the xylem sap at the ligule of senescent leaves of Lolium temulentum.
- All experimentation was done using the expanding second true maize leaf blade at a stage before growth of the leaf sheath, which is seen as displacement of the ligule from the leaf base.
- Hopi confers pigmentation to a wide variety of plant tissues, including pericarp, root, mesocotyl, and leaf blade in the seedling, midrib, ligule, leaf blade, and anthers in the mature plant.
early 19th century: from Latin ligula 'strap'.
Más definiciones de liguleDefinición de ligule en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.