An amorphous brownish secondary mineral consisting of a mixture of hydrous ferric oxides, important as an iron ore.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The phenakite is also associated with albite, limonite, smoky quartz, and topaz and is often overlooked because it resembles quartz.
- This crystal was glassy and was found associated with smoky quartz, microcline-perthite, biotite, zircon, bastnasite, and limonite after siderite.
- The associated minerals are not remarkable on the specimens; only limonite and some secondary lead minerals form in the matrix.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Lovering, Tweto, and Lovering stated that dark yellow jarosite is an abundant constituent of the limonitic and ocherous materials in the oxidized orebodies, where it is mixed with iron oxides.
- It is translucent green and forms a botryoidal layer less than 1 cm thick on a hard limonitic matrix.
- Bed 4 comprised medium grey fossiliferous mudstone with limonitic ooids and phosphatic nodules.
Early 19th century: from German Limonit, probably from Greek leimōn 'meadow' (suggested by the earlier German name Wiesenerz, literally 'meadow ore').
Definición de limonite en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda