- 1Cloth woven from flax: [as modifier]: a linen suit [count noun]: he dealt in Irish linensMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This is an exhibition of Batik work on a variety of materials including cottons, silks, linens, paper and canvas.
- For best results, match the basket hue to coordinate with linens or fabrics.
- Suggestions about storing vintage linens and fabrics can also be found in this book.
- 1.1Articles such as sheets or clothes made, or originally made, of linen: [as modifier]: the linen cupboardMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Items such as clothes, bed linen and shoes will be very gratefully accepted.
- He then stripped the bed of its linen and fetched new sheets and pillow cases from the closet.
- The game consisted of two large pieces of plywood, covered with while linen sheets.
Old English līnen (as an adjective in the sense 'made of flax'), of West Germanic origin; related to Dutch linnen, German Leinen, also to obsolete line 'flax'.
Más definiciones de linenDefinición de linen en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.