Definición de linger en inglés:
- It's best if you can stay and linger in this World Heritage Area.
- We never have a scene linger beyond what is necessary to get the point across.
- As one magical day follows another, the sun seems to linger longer over the yard arm.
- Saturday morning is spent lingering over a massive three course breakfast (those tropical fruits make a fine salad, with just a dash of Cointreau to top up our levels).
- Perhaps you know the pub which does the most incredible Sunday lunches and whose staff won't mind if you spend all afternoon lingering over a roast and the papers.
- The evenings were spent lingering over fine wines and cognacs while gymnastic students modelled the latest in Brazilian swimwear.
- Many bad habits will linger on and many good ones may disappear but at least the pattern will change a bit.
- The odour does linger on the breath; it even comes through the pores of the skin but, if we all ate garlic, it wouldn't matter.
- We see these types of trials linger on for years as a method to win the case.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- He said officers should ‘crack down on lingerers’ and was told the council is trying to prevent staff taking a half day sick after weekends and bank holidays without being ill.
- ‘Please evacuate this facility, the president wishes to use it,’ they would have ordered any lingerers, hardly giving them time to zip up their flies.
- The best bars attract a diverse clientele, and the Local pulls in post-work lingerers, students, canoodling couples and pre-clubbers in equal measure.
Middle English (in the sense 'dwell, abide'): frequentative of obsolete leng 'prolong', of Germanic origin; related to German längen 'make long(er)', also to long1.
Palabras que riman con lingerchuringa, finger, malinger
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.