sustantivo (plural lingua francas)
- 1A language that is adopted as a common language between speakers whose native languages are different.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The national language of Zambia is English, which also serves as the lingua franca (common language).
- Hausa, which is spoken by over half the population, has become the lingua franca (common language) of the country.
- Swahili originated on the coast and became the lingua franca (common language) for much of East Africa.
late 17th century: from Italian, literally 'Frankish tongue'.
Más definiciones de lingua francaDefinición de lingua franca en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.