- 1chiefly Anatomy Relating to, near, or on the side towards the tongue.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The later dinocephalians improved on this system by developing heels on the lingual sides of the incisor teeth which met against one another to form a crushing surface when the jaws were shut.
- The posterior lingual crista runs off the lingual side of the fifth cuspule, following the ridge of a posterolingual bulge.
- The cingulum, which is strong at the posterior border, thins out in anterior direction along the lingual and buccal sides.
- 2Relating to speech or language: his demonstrations of lingual dexterityMás ejemplos en oraciones
- If there are so many worlds, each rearing their own children, each would be sent into lingual isolation and be able to develop their own languages.
- Similarities in language that can be traced to an Atlantean lingual root are across the world, not limited to a single continent.
- This may be due to lingual complexities created by terms absorbed from other languages, says Jordan.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Some teeth are slightly recurved lingually when seen in anterior view, with the labial surface of the tooth slightly convex and the lingual surface slightly concave.
- Lingually, this ridge crosses the paracone near its base and joins with the anterior cingulum.
- The crown is exodaenodont, forming two ventral lobes, the posterior the stronger; lingually, the crown is more deeply bilobed than labially, but the lobes do not extend as far ventrally.
mid 17th century: from medieval Latin lingualis, from Latin lingua 'tongue, language'.
Más definiciones de lingualDefinición de lingual en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.