Definición de linguistics en inglés:
plural sustantivo[treated as singular]
The scientific study of language and its structure, including the study of grammar, syntax, and phonetics. Specific branches of linguistics include sociolinguistics, dialectology, psycholinguistics, computational linguistics, comparative linguistics, and structural linguistics.
- It is concerned with the applications of linguistics and psycholinguistics in first-language education.
- Not all scholars are agreed on the boundaries and relationship between linguistics and sociolinguistics.
- Comparisons between linguistics and fields like history or chemistry give similar results.
- Example sentences
- The well known linguistician has described one aspect of what I am talking about as Linguistic Imperialism.
- New technology is allowing linguisticians to analyse language as never before.
- If objects of higher orders are admitted, the need for metamathematics disappears and the mathematician need no longer be portrayed as a part-time linguistician.
Definición de linguistics en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan