sustantivo[mass noun] Chemistry
A polyunsaturated fatty acid present as a glyceride in linseed oil and other oils and essential in the human diet.
- Chemical formula: C17H31COOH
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Unsaturated fats and oils containing high levels of linoleic acid, a polyunsaturated fatty acid, have been regarded as specifically beneficial to the cardiovascular system in contrast to saturated fats.
- Surprisingly, perhaps, the polyunsaturated fatty acids, linoleic acid and arachadonic acid, appeared to be higher in absolute terms.
- The essential fatty acid linoleic acid is also included in the intercellular lipid complex.
mid 19th century: from Latin linum 'flax' + oleic acid.
Definición de linoleic acid en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.