- Any of a class of organic compounds that are fatty acids or their derivatives and are insoluble in water but soluble in organic solvents. They include many natural oils, waxes, and steroids.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The membrane lipids of thermophilic bacteria are rich in saturated fatty acids.
- Alkaloids, phenols, antioxidants and lipids were never detected.
- It includes the glycerol and carbonyl groups and the hydrocarbon chains of the lipid.
early 20th century: from French lipide, based on Greek lipos 'fat'.
Más definiciones de lipidDefinición de lipid en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.