- 1The process of liquidating a business: the company went into liquidationMás ejemplos en oraciones
- One month after these events it went into liquidation owing creditors over £100,000.
- It went into examinership in August after its British business went into liquidation and it was forced to close offices worldwide.
- During the time he spent behind bars his business went into liquidation.
- 1.1The conversion of assets into cash (i.e. by selling them).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But private equity investors especially covet the fact that they stand ahead of holders of the common for the proceeds of asset liquidation in the event of bankruptcy
- The whole idea of liquidation is that all assets are liquidated and the proceeds distributed equitably in accordance with the law.
- Consequently, older borrowers are less vulnerable to external income and expense shocks because they tend to have more assets available for liquidation.
- 2 • informal The killing of someone, typically by violent means.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- How could a collaborator of the British and a pledged advocate of violent liquidation of minorities, Muslims in particular, be invited to this function?
- We should all be obliged to appear before a board every five years and justify our existence… on pain of liquidation.
- Take Stalin's liquidation of the kulaks, or the Nazis' mass murder of the Jews.
mid 16th century: from French, from liquider 'liquidate', based on Latin liquidus (see liquid).
Más definiciones de liquidationDefinición de liquidation en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.