- 1A station for intercepting electronic communications.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It has a number of what it calls ‘intercept stations’ or listening posts around Australia for doing that, of which the biggest is at Shoal Bay near Darwin, and it's focused on Indonesia.
- Its listening posts capture virtually every electronic conversation around the world, Frost claims.
- At the apex of the listening network is Echelon, the US-led satellite spying system that taps into worldwide telecommunications with the help of listening posts stationed in Britain and all corners of the planet.
- 1.1A point near an enemy’s lines for detecting movements by sound.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- On the night of 14 May 1918, they were part of a five-man patrol on duty in an advance listening post along the front line.
- Infantry platoon command posts used small field switchboards and wire lines to connect squads, sentries, and listening posts.
- During the Cold War, the U.S. established a super secret underwater listening post at Midway in an attempt to track Soviet submarines.
Más definiciones de listening postDefinición de listening post en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.