adjetivo (livelier, liveliest)
- 1Full of life and energy; active and outgoing: a lively and uninhibited girlMás ejemplos en oraciones
energetic, active, animated, vigorous, dynamic, full of life, outgoing, spirited, high-spirited, vivacious, enthusiastic, vibrant, buoyant, exuberant, effervescent, cheerful; bouncy, bubbly, perky, sparkling, sprightly, spry, youthful, zesty, zestful, frisky, skittish; fun, fun-loving• informal bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, full of beans, chirpy, go-go, chipper, peppy, zippy, zappy, full of vim and vigourNorth American • informal peart
- He was so lively and full of energy that it dawned on us that he must have been in some sort of pain for a lot longer than we had thought.
- Although a lively and outgoing teenager, he lives with the effects of what his father, Greg, termed ‘subtle neurological damage’.
- Nine-year-old Ricky is described as a lively, active boy who loves reading, swimming, watching TV and playing computer games.
- 1.1(Of a place or atmosphere) full of activity and excitement: Barcelona’s many lively barsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- When the fast is broken, there are festive activities in a lively atmosphere.
- The karaoke bar maintained a lively atmosphere, even at such a late hour.
- The town was a lively place, buzzing with activity.
- 1.2Intellectually stimulating or perceptive: a lively discussion her lively mindMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A bonus is the Reading Group Companion Section at the end of the novel, featuring 10 questions sure to stimulate a lively discussion of the book.
- Thank you both very much for a spirited, lively, intelligent discussion.
- However, it would be a foolish man who tried to dictate to three such lively and intelligent minds.
- 1.3 • ironic , chiefly British Difficult or challenging: a lively homeward passage dodging aircraft and E-boatsMás ejemplos en oraciones
awkward, tricky, difficult, challenging; eventful, exciting, busy• informal hairy
- The Young Consumers of the Year competition is a lively challenge for young people aged between 14 and 17.
- But I hope for us it is not more lively and difficult than today, eh?
- 1.4(Of a boat) rising lightly to the waves.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But cleaning fish on a lively boat that is heading for home at best speed can be fraught with danger if proper precautions are not taken.
- KSA owns several types of dinghy, from lively Laser Picos to family boats such as Wayfarers, which members can hire for a very reasonable £5 for two hours.
- see look.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- However, the performance quickly picks up great pace with a consistent liveliness and vitality, which is largely the result of some brilliant individual performances.
- We were much taken with the city, strolling around, enjoying the liveliness and the energy of the place.
- Her animation and liveliness engaged her young students, as evidenced by the children's laughter and high degree of participation.