- A fluke which has a complex life cycle and is of medical and veterinary importance. The adult lives within the liver tissues of a vertebrate, and the larva within one or more secondary hosts such as a snail or fish.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Many species in the subclass Digenea, class Trematoda, including the Chinese liver fluke (Opisthorchis sinensis), which infests humans, and Fasciola hepatica, which infests sheep and cattle
- In such a situation there are always parasites present like the liver fluke and the tapeworm that can be transmitted from the fish to man, and could be dangerous to the health of the human being.
- In 2001, for example, some lamb plants reported more liver contamination because of a worm that uses the dog as a host than from liver fluke.
- We call the two or three neuron system of a liver fluke a reflex loop.
Más definiciones de liver flukeDefinición de liver fluke en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.