- 1A roundish and flattish projecting or hanging part of something, typically one of two or more such parts divided by a fissure: the leaf has a broad central lobe he pinched the lobe of his right ear See also earlobe.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The sturgeon tail behaves mechanically as an extremely flexible sheet with flexible dorsal and ventral lobes following the central tail region.
- Lung transplantations may involve two lungs, a single lung, or a lobe of a lung (the lungs are divided into lobes, three in the right lung and two on the left).
- The heart-lung block was removed, and the transplanted left lung and native right lung were divided into three lobes on each side.
- 1.1Each of the parts of the cerebrum of the brain.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The rearmost of the four lobes is the occipital lobe, but there is no sulcus to define its limit on the lateral surface.
- He had a basal skull fracture, lacerations to his scalp, facial abrasions and contusions to both frontal cerebral lobes.
- What I've hopefully done is lit a spark in your brains that'll burn a tunnel from your prefrontal lobes to your medulla oblongata.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The nervous system consists of a lobed dorsal brain and ventral nerve cord with fused paired ganglia.
- If the pinnae or segments are lobed, the embayments are known as sinuses.
- Real leaf outlines may also be, for example, lobed or extended at the lamina base.
late Middle English: via late Latin from Greek lobos 'lobe, pod'.
Más definiciones de lobeDefinición de lobe en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.