Definición de local colour en inglés:
1The customs, manner of speech, dress, or other typical features of a place or period that contribute to its particular character: reporters in search of local colour and gossip
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Unfortunately, more time is spent in conjuring up local colour and period detail than in developing any of these characters.
- There will no doubt be plenty of local colour and fine-sounding speeches.
- No matter which eatery you choose, you're bound to have a dining experience with local color and character.
2 Art The actual colour of a thing in ordinary daylight, uninfluenced by the proximity of other colours.
- It is still a disturbing picture - overthrowing perspective, single viewpoint, integral form, local colour, decorative colour.
- Painted in broad, thin, local color and held by black contour lines, each form feels unable to dislodge itself.
- Once the bleach has been applied and the board is dry, local color is applied sparingly using chalk pastels.
Definición de local colour en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan