Definición de loch en inglés:
1A lake: Loch Lomond
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Fishing a lovely loch, or lake even, for the first time is invariably an uplifting experience.
- It also highlighted the dangers that limpets, snails and anemones might suffer from overheated rock pools, and that enclosed lochs like Loch Maddy could suffocate through lack of oxygen.
- The need for a national academy became a pressing issue when an existing water sports centre at Portobello closed down as a result of rowing in Scotland moving away from the sea and inland to lochs and rivers.
1.1 (also sea loch) An arm of the sea, especially when narrow or partially landlocked.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The plan was to steam to the next sea loch, Loch Bay, which had been known by some on board to produce some good diving.
- Now linked to the mainland by bridge, Skye consists of a series of peninsulas, each with its own sea loch, flanked by spectacular cliffs and little bays, many of which have their own white sandy beaches.
- Luckily, the banks of Loch Fyne, the longest sea loch in Scotland, are ideal for cultivating both oysters and mussels.
Late Middle English: from Scottish Gaelic.
Palabras que riman con lochBloch, Clough, lough, och
Definición de loch en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán