- 1The confining of prisoners to their cells, typically in order to regain control during a riot: the lockdown has been in effect since October 1983Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Administrators responded with an institution lockdown, confining all prisoners to their cells.
- Furthermore, they are typically barred from areas where ministry is most needed: maximum security prisons, solitary confinement blocks, and twenty-three-hour lockdowns.
- This final act of defiance precipitated a lockdown of the entire Texas state prison system.
- 1.1A state of isolation or restricted access instituted as a security measure: the university is on lockdown and nobody has been able to leaveMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Authorities responded by putting the entire city in lockdown.
- Security officials then put the nuclear station on lockdown.
- Harding High School, about two blocks east of the crime scene, was placed on lockdown for a short period in the morning.
Más definiciones de lockdownDefinición de lockdown en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.