Definición de loculus en inglés:
sustantivo (plural loculi /-lʌɪ, -liː/)chiefly Botany
Each of a number of small separate cavities, especially in an ovary.
- No vascular tissue was present in the septum, which forms a partition in the pod cavity between the two loculi.
- In early stages, septa in cardinal quadrants fully dilated; septa in cardinal quadrants less dilated, locally separated by moderately wide interseptal loculi.
- Lacking an extensive vacuolization phase, meiocytes of the same tetrads stay together until the anther opens and the loculus reduces and disappears.
mid 19th century: from Latin, 'compartment', diminutive of locus 'place'.
- Example sentences
- Morphological phenotypes observed in the antisense lines included increased fruit cracking, reduced locular space, and a doubling in the thickness of the fruit cuticle.
- Those fruit picked at the Green stage were mature green as judged by size and the amount of locular material around the seeds, and those fruit picked at the Red stage were not over-ripe as defined by softness.
- Figure 4 shows the structure of a grape berry about 28 d after full bloom, showing the pericarp, with its associated vasculature and the developing seeds within the locular cavity.
Definición de loculus en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan