Definición de locust en inglés:
- Several species in the family Acrididae, including the migratory locust (Locusta migratoria)
- Vast swarms of locusts have swept over South Sulawesi in the past few days, destroying rice and secondary crops.
- Swarms of locusts damaged crops and pastures across the state during the autumn.
- Insects such as the red locust, crickets, grasshoppers, and flying ants are collected in season and either fried with salt to make popular snacks or dried for later use.
- Others, like gum guar (obtained from the cluster bean), or locust bean gum (from the locust bean), come from seedpods.
- I learn that one ice cream ingredient, locust bean gum, was used in ancient Egypt to seal the wrappings on mummies.
- In cream cheese, xanthan gum interacts synergistically with guar and locust bean gum, notes Sebree.
- We look up at the sky through a fringe of leaves belonging to a locust tree or a mimosa, the rows of lacy leaves forming a mantilla overhead.
- Kaya and I were taking a walk to the pond this morning when along the roadside I noticed a locust tree that still had some long felty pods hanging from it.
- Except for the existing locust tree, the two sides of the yard are symmetrical.
lobster from Old English:
Lobsters and locusts (Middle English) are linguistically the same. Latin locusta, from which both derive, had both meanings. A look at close-up pictures of the two clearly shows the similarity. Lobster was used as a contemptuous name for British soldiers from the mid 17th century. Originally applied to a regiment of Roundhead cuirassiers who wore complete suits of armour; later the term was associated with the red military coats once worn by British soldiers. In US slang, lobster was used to describe ‘a slow-witted or gullible person’ from the late 19th century.
Palabras que riman con locustunfocused
Definición de locust en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.