1A word or phrase, especially with regard to style or idiom.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- These locutions are determinedly descriptive.
- His earliest plays were political, ridiculing the wooden locutions of communist rhetoric.
- Today, any state-sponsored eugenic ideology would surely face considerable opposition, but instead we have (to use the barbarous locution now common) ‘privatized’ eugenic decisions.
2An utterance regarded in terms of its intrinsic meaning or reference, as distinct from its function or purpose in context. Compare with illocution, perlocution.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- For our paraphrastic procedure to be comprehensive, it must work with contexts containing explicitly comparative locutions.
- The surface grammar of power locutions can be misleading in numerous ways.
- The central claim of the prosentential theory is that ‘x is true’ functions as a prosentence-forming operator rather than a property-ascribing locution.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Austin distinguishes among three components in a total speech act: the locutionary act, the illocutionary act, and the perlocutionary act.
- The paternalistic tradition thus constructs a simulacrum of male discursive empowerment which multiplies locutionary authority while eradicating perlocutionary agency.
- In this article we analyze the grammar of codes of ethics as a written locutionary act, and attempt to determine their implicit illocutionary and perlocutionary values.
Palabras que riman con locutionablution, absolution, allocution, attribution, circumlocution, circumvolution, Confucian, constitution, contribution, convolution, counter-revolution, destitution, dilution, diminution, distribution, electrocution, elocution, evolution, execution, institution, interlocution, irresolution, Lilliputian, perlocution, persecution, pollution, prosecution, prostitution, restitution, retribution, Rosicrucian, solution, substitution, volution
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: lo¦cu|tion
Definición de locution en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda