Definición de lodgepole pine en inglés:
A straight-trunked pine tree which grows in the mountains of western North America, widely grown for timber and traditionally used by some American Indians in the construction of lodges.
- Pinus contorta variety latifolia, family Pinaceae
- Approximately one-third of the tract is timbered with ponderosa pine, lodgepole pine, and Douglas fir; the rest is Camas prairie.
- Red Crossbills typically inhabit mature conifer forests, and the different types tend to specialize on preferred trees, including western hemlock, Ponderosa pine, lodgepole pine, Sitka, and Engleman spruce.
- Fire releases cone seeds from species such as the Giant sequoia, lodgepole pine and Ponderosa pine and redistributes nutrients to the soil, benefiting new growth.
Definición de lodgepole pine en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan