Definición de lodgepole pine en inglés:
A straight-trunked pine tree which grows in the mountains of western North America, widely grown for timber and traditionally used by some American Indians in the construction of lodges.
- Pinus contorta variety latifolia, family Pinaceae
- Approximately one-third of the tract is timbered with ponderosa pine, lodgepole pine, and Douglas fir; the rest is Camas prairie.
- Red Crossbills typically inhabit mature conifer forests, and the different types tend to specialize on preferred trees, including western hemlock, Ponderosa pine, lodgepole pine, Sitka, and Engleman spruce.
- Fire releases cone seeds from species such as the Giant sequoia, lodgepole pine and Ponderosa pine and redistributes nutrients to the soil, benefiting new growth.
Definición de lodgepole pine en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan