- A small green or white scale below the ovary of a grass flower.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Each flower has a lemma (outer bract) and a palea (inner bract) at its base, and contains two lodicules and one pistil surrounded by three anthers.
- At the middle level, the expression was maintained in the lemma and palea, but decreased in the lodicules and pistil complex and was also observed in the three filaments of the stamens.
- Early stages of floret development are similar in the ear and tassel: each floret is enclosed in a lemma and palea and all florets produce two lodicules, three stamens, and a gynoecium.
mid 19th century: from Latin lodicula, diminutive of lodix 'coverlet'.
Más definiciones de lodiculeDefinición de lodicule en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.